2/12/2017

Take the Key and Lock Her Up by Ally Carter Book Review


How is Everyone doing? I had the most amazing weekend and now I am back with another book review. I cannot believe this series is already over... When I started reading it, I was still in high school and now I am a freshman at university. Yes, time goes by so fast. If you don't know what the Embassy Row series is about, then click here and you can read my spoiler-free review, which I did last year. I tried to keep this post as spoiler-free as I could, but I cannot say is 100% spoiler-free, so if you haven't read the first two books then I don't recommend reading further.

The synapses:

The princess is dead. Long live the princess.
Centuries ago, the royal family of Adria was killed…or so everyone thought.

Now Grace Blakely knows the truth: There was one survivor, and that survivor’s blood runs through her veins. This simple fact could cause a revolution—which is why some people will stop at nothing to keep it from coming to light.

There is only one way for Grace to save herself, save her family, and save the boy she loves. She must outmaneuver her foes, cut through the web of lies that has surrounded her for years, and go back to the source of all her troubles, despite the risk.

If she wins, she will inherit a throne.

And if she loses, she will inherit the fate of all the dead princesses who came before her.

My Thoughts:

Usually by the time I read a series I can decide, which book was my favourite, but this time I can't. Though I am leaning towards the this one as my favourite. It was very enjoyable and even funny at some point. 
Grace was so sassy and sarcastic in this book, I was laughing so many time, partly because I am a very sarcastic person too. She was very similar to Cammie in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, just a little bit more darker, if that makes any sense. 
Grace has the most amazing group of friends on the planet and at the beginning I was afraid that I won't get to see them work together as much as I would've loved to, but I was wrong. They were there supporting the "cause" all the way and they always showed up when Grace needed them. And now let's talk about Alexei. Is anyone out there, who loves this guy as much as I do?! He is such a perfect fit with Grace, although I find the way their relationship developed a little weirdly, because we could already see them getting close in the 2nd book, but in this one they just out of nowhere "define" their relationship, seal it with  kiss to be exact in the middle of a fight (which definitely gave me Pirates of the Caribbean vibes, because remember Elisabeth and Will's wedding in the middle of the fight?! Yes, I was a massive fan when I was a kid...). The main villain of the whole story was pretty predictable, but it wasn't instantly obvious who it is. 
 Since I am an International Relations student, the thing I would've loved to see more, would've been a little bit more of Embassy Row and politics, because I feel like in this book that was kind of in the background and I definitely missed it a lot.
The action scenes were good and also the tension was built up properly. I had that "I cannot trust anyone" feeling all the way, which I think made it  more enjoyable.
All in all, I think you should definitely read this, if you haven't yet or check out the whole series, because it is a fun- and very enjoyable read.

Until next time, 
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment