2/09/2016

Embassy Row series by Ally Carter

Hey Everyone, yesterday I finished one of my most anticipated reads this year. I know it's only February, but when I read the first book in the series last year, which is All fall down, I wanted to put my hands on the second book immediately. If you're not familiar with the author, Ally Carter, she is one of my favorite authors, because her writing is amazing. She wrote the Gallagher Academy series, which is about a school for spies and there are missions and great characters, with enough amount of fun, drama and love. You should go check it out, I finished the entire series in two months (it's a six book series), which is really rare for me, because usually I like to take breaks, while reading a series, but these books just sucked me in and didn't let me go. Anyway back to the topic, these new books from Ally Carter are on a hole new level and I would even consider the characters more realistic and even more grown up, then the ones in the GA series. The story takes place in a fictional country Adria and our main character Grace moves there, because her Grandfather is the US Ambassador for the longest time there and Graces mother was even born in Adria. It's really interesting how the writer describes the Embassy Row, because all the embassies for different countries are in a circle around the city. The funny thing is every different embassy is part of a different country, so if you have a friend from the Russian Embassy and you're from the US, then you can not just go and knock on their door, because that could cause a war. It's really interesting and funny. So Grace arrives in Adria and we get to know her a little bit more. Her mother was murdered and she remembers a Scarred Man killing her mother. Everyone thinks she is crazy, no one believes her. She is really dark and scared and angry. Her father and brother are soldiers so that's why she is moving to her Grandfather. So she slowly starts to find friends from other embassies and she even has a cute russian boy watching over her. One day she sees the Scarred Men in Adria and obviously no one believes her, because she had accused many men with facial scars over the year. She goes into this crazy mission to find her mothers killer, but what she finds out at the end will break her.
In my opinion if you liked the Gallagher Academy series or if you love adventure, fun and shocking plot-twists, you should definitely pick up this book, you won't be disappointed, I promise.
Until next time,
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment