1/19/2017

Everything, everything by Nicola Yoon book review

Hey Everyone,
Lets just take a moment and look back on the last book review I have done, because it was a long time ago. I am so excited to talk about one of my new favourite YA contemporary book, which I have read in one sitting, because yes, it was that cute and good. As the title says, this book was Everything, everything a YA contemporary has to be.
The synapses:



My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.



But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.




Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.



My thoughts:
This book was on my TBR for such a long time, but for some reason I never really picked it up, because there was always something that I was more interested in. What a big mistake I made....This book just brought me back to the time I was having my first crush and also my first love and also weirdly it made me feel like a 16-year old again, which felt weird since I am only 20 years old and I never thought about how I am not really  teenager anymore, so yes, this book gave me so many feelings, some where really good and some just made me feel old, but thats okay. Maddie was a lovely main character, I think she was pretty unique and weird, which just made her more relatable for me, since let's be honest I also did grow up in a sort of a bubble and when Maddie didn't really know the world in the book, it kind of reminded me of myself and how sometimes I don't know how it works either. Ollie was the perfect cute guy next door, the kind that brings you to new adventures. Their romance was so cute it was almost too much, but it somehow managed not to be annoying or be too cute. Carla was probably my favourite character, because she was always there for Maddie, she was her best friend and at some point she was everything her mother wasn't.
And now lets talk about the mother. Was I the only one who was angry at the end? I cannot be the only one. But at the same time I like how mental illness was sneaked into this book, because I never thought it will be a part of it. It was so well done and it was the perfect ending to the story.
This book is about so many things and the more I think about it, the more things I find. It's story of a teenage girl experiencing the first love and basically the world, the story of a family, which was broken apart, a mother, who lost her child and also her husband. And it's also about friendship, because Carla is the best friend ever in my opinion.
One of the things that made this book so good was that it didn't have too many characters, it only had like, 4 or 5 important characters and this way it was really easy to get to know the characters a lot more and also to relate to them. 
I would totally recommend you to read this book anytime of the year if you love a good YA contemporary novel, with a cute love story, but also with a deeper meaning behind it. If you have read it tell me in the comments below what did you think of it.
Until next time, 
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment