2/16/2016

My favorite romantic books

Hello Everyone,
 since it was Valentine's day on Sunday, I thought the best topic to write about this week, is romantic book. So today I'm telling you the top 3 books I read, when I'm craving for a little bit of romance. And let's be honest, I'm not celebrating Valentine's day, but I always get into the mood, because everyone around me is like they are in a big, fluffy, pink bubble for a week before and a week after Valentines day. So here are my top 3 romantic books (in no particular order) :
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: It's a really simple, but at the same time very well written story of a Mexican gang-member, who wants to be good and about a popular good-girl, who doesn't want to get involved with gang-members. It's the kind of book, when the girl has everything, but she feels like she has nothing and the bad boy who is actually good comes and makes her feel alive again. Kind of a retelling of Romeo and Juliet story, told from two points of view, with twists and turns. Do you need more than that?!
On the fence by Kasie West: This one is about a girl, who is always hanging out with her older brothers and the neighbor boy, Braiden. The main character Charlie is a tomboy and she never looked at Braiden as a potential boyfriend, she was alway blending in with the boys. They start to talk at night trough the fence between their gardens and they slowly grow closer, but there are obstacles on the way and at the end everything comes together.
The DUFF by Cody Keplinger: A funny story about Bianka and Wesley, who originally hate each other, but Bianca needs a distraction, so they get into this crazy friends with benefits relationship, only without the friend part and it causes some trouble between them towards the end. I really loved this book because it has a more serious line in it, since Bianka's father is an alcohol addict, since her mother left them. And it's really interesting to see how that effect a family. But there is another thing, what this book teaches you: everyone is someones DUFF.
I've got your number by Sophie Kinsella: Sophie Kinsella is pone of my favorite authors and I love the Shopaholic series, but this one is a romantic standalone, which you can pick up, if you need an instant boost of romantic. So this one is about Poppy, who is preparing to get married and on her bridal-shower, she loses her ring. She finds a phone in a trash can and starts to use it because something happened to hers. The phone belonged to a secretary and the boss of this person starts to bother her and they kind of start to talk trough the phone and get to know each other. While that happens Poppy starts to have doubts about the wedding etc. At the end everything falls into place.
Anna and the french kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I know I said the books aren't in any particular order, but this one is my absolute favorite book of all times. This one takes place in Paris and our main character Anna was sent there to study in the American High School and she is not happy about it. But the she finds this group of friends and one of them is Etienne St. Clair. He is handsome, smart, and has an accent. He and Anna start to grow closer and closer, but of course there are some things in the way of their relationship. While reading this book you can actually feel the tension between the two main characters. It's like you are really in the book with the characters. Soo good!
So these books were my picks for this Valentine's day book recommendation. Btw.: What are your favorite contemporary romances to read? Let me know in the comments below. I hope you had and amazing Valentine's day, with or without a book and I'll see you soon.
Bye,
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment